Every parent wants what is best for their child. However, when a doctor diagnoses your child with autism, you may be at a loss about what the best is for them. At Camp Worth, we can help you and your child answer that question. Our treatment program gives your child the tools he or she needs to function in the world today. To learn about the areas we serve or to enroll your child in treatment, contact Camp Worth today by calling 855.915.2545.
Areas We Serve
At Camp Worth, we focus on making an impact on the areas we serve. As such, we’re proud to provide service to families in and around the Fort Worth area. As such, the areas we serve include:
That said, however, we are happy to help children from around the state of Texas and across the country. Our Fort Worth treatment center is now accepting new residents at our residential treatment center. Our facility offers 40 beds and is available for children and teens from the ages of 11 to 17. We’re proud to give you and your child the tools you need to manage your child’s condition.
What is Autism?
An autism spectrum disorder, more commonly called ASD or autism, is a developmental condition that varies widely in the type and severity of symptoms. For instance, the autism spectrum includes childhood disintegrative disorder, which delays the development of language, motor skills, and social functions. Other common forms of the condition present themselves as challenges with nonverbal communication and social development. In each case, the severity of the condition will vary from one person to another. However, when your child receives this diagnosis, it can offer a significant challenge both to them and to their family members.
The symptoms of autism include:
- Non-verbal and verbal communication problems
- Repetitive behaviors
- Problems making friends
- Delayed development of life skills
- Inability to control muscle movements
As a result of these symptoms, your child may have trouble connecting to others and completing daily tasks, causing frustration and violence in some cases. Without the proper support and education, parents may feel that their child’s condition is taking a toll on a variety of aspects of life.
Get The Support You Need at Camp Worth
At Camp Worth, we know that autism creates unique challenges to the parents and caregivers. As such, we help your child gain the skills that they need to manage their symptoms. Simultaneously, we also provide support and education to their family members and caregivers. As a result, your child gets the best possible care. Our treatment programs at Camp Worth include:
- Counseling and behavior analysis program: This program applies the ideas behind behavioral psychology to give your child the opportunity to improve their ability to interact with other people and communicate. This clinical approach is a child-led, play-based treatment that is specifically designed for children on the autism spectrum.
- Food and nutrition program: Many children with autism are picky eaters. However, our treatment program provides nutritious meals, and our therapists help your child to create positive meal behaviors, coping skills, and mealtime strategies. We also tailor the meals to your child’s dietary needs and restrictions.
- Parent training program: Every parent needs a little help from time to time. With our parent training program, we will teach you how to support your child through the process and how to adjust their behavior if the situation requires.
You want to help your child succeed and thrive in life. Our treatment programs can help. To learn more about the areas we serve or to enroll in treatment, contact Camp Worth today at 855.915.2545.